Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The War In Iraq

I know I am not alone in thinking it is time to get the heck out of Iraq. I understand why we are in Afghanistan, and I support that military action, but I cannot figure out why we are in Iraq.

The military action in Iraq has shown that there were no weapons of mass destruction. I am very relieved that Saddam Hussein is out of power; he was an evil tyrrant who had no respect of human life. Unfortunately, our President is not much better. Granted, we are not tortured in the streets of Washington daily, but we are subjected to illegal wire taps. I would much rather the wire taps over torture, but we are guaranteed privacy in our Constitution and I want to have my privacy. Not that I say anything on the phone that any government agency would EVER find interesting, unless they are interested in the goings on of my crazy kids, but I still want the rights I am promised.

Back to Iraq, this country is hemorrhaging money to support this military action. We are the greatest country in the world, but we should hang our heads in shame. How can we spend money to fight a war when we have people who have no food, no healthcare, no home, etc? How is it that we can PAY our farmers to NOT produce crops when we have kids going to bed with empty bellies? We have MORE than enough to provide for our own, yet we do not, we should be ashamed of this.

The funny thing is, I voted for Bush, and I generally vote Republican. I guess my political leaning would be considered moderate as I have leanings that are both conservative and liberal, depending on the issue. I am almost ashamed to admit I voted for Bush and 2008 can't come qiuck enough in my opinion.

Sofia says mama has rambled enough tonight and she is hungry.

No comments: