Monday, February 20, 2006

Fun Day

We had a really nice day today. We got up and went to Discover Mills, our local shopping outlet mall. I love this mall, it is very similar to the other Mills malls that I have been to, such as Concord Mills (NC,) Franklin Mills (PA,) and Great Mall (CA.) St. Louis Mills opened shortly before we moved away from St. Louis, so we never got to go there, but I am sure it is very similar to the four I have been to.

Drew's birthday was on Saturday, but I had to work, so we didn't really get to celebrate until today. He had already gotten part of his birthday presents on Friday and Saturday, but I bought him one today at the LEGO store. He had gotten money for his birthday from my mom and from us, and his uncle (my brother) gave him an American Express Gift Card, so he has quite a bit of money he could spend on himself. He bought a $10 book and a $5 poster and that's it, he is VERY stingy when it comes to spending his own money. He got a $25 Old Navy gift card from his grandmother for Christmas and he managed to get two pairs of pants, a jacket, and a scarf with that $25 and still got $4 back that they gave him in cash. He stretches money as far as it will go, which is a good thing, but I always remember spending my birthday money as fast as I could :o)

Well, we had a great day as I said. We got Possum's hair cut and Sofia got her ears pierced. We got Olivia's ears pierced at about this same age and it was great. They got to heal without her messing with them, so they never got infected. Possum and Olivia also got to ride the Coca-Cola Polar Bear Train, which they thought was way cool!

We finished up our outing by going to Chili's for dinner. Drew got his favorite, the ribs, which he only gets on his birthday. We then came home and had cake and ice cream, the cake had blue frosting so everyone's mouth and tongue is blue, which is silly. Well, Sofia didn't get any blue frosting, but I did give her a tiny taste of white frosting, which she seemed to enjoy by the way she kept licking her lips.

All in all, the day has been nice and Drew enjoyed himself, so I think the day was a winner overall.

No comments: