Friday, April 28, 2006

New Car

I love my new car. I know I said that below, but driving it to work tonight proved that to me in many ways. It was so easy to drive and manuever, both in the city and on the highway. With traffic being so bad here, I was a weensy bit worried about the stop and go with the stick shift, but it wasn't a problem at all. I was only worried because it has been so long since I drove stick, but I guess it really is one of those things you never forget.

The only challenge has been the reverse on the stick shift, there is a "trick" to get it into reverse, and of course the car manual doesn't explain that. I pretty much have it figured out now. I got it on the first try leaving home tonight, on the third try backing out of my parking space at the QuikTrip when I bought my big Diet Coke, and on the first try leaving Panera Bread tonight when I bought my dinner for work. Probably within a week I will have it completely figured out and won't remember what the problem was to begin with.

Though I hate going to the gas station at all these days, I am curious how much it will cost to fill up. It has a 13.1 gallon tank and, completely empty, at $3.00/gallon, would be $39.30. I guess the real test will be how often I have to fill up, so I am curious as to how the savings will really translate. Even at $40 per tank, I would have to fill up three times to equal the amount it would cost to fill the Suburban once with its 42 gallon tank.

Well, I should get back to work. Hope everyone is well!

No comments: