Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I Love My New Computer

This thing is unbelievable. I wanted a Mac, and I still do, but we couldn't really afford it at this time, so I can wait till next time. I bought a Gateway. This thing has a huge hard drive and is unbelievably fast. I have to admit that one of my favorite parts is the keyboard. After two years of using laptops as my main home computer, I love the full sized keyboard and I adore the number pad. I know, I know, this is silly, but I can't help it. Also the keyboard types very nicely as well, I love the way the keys type! I am very, very happy and I haven't even mentioned the 19 inch monitor!!!

Okay, now onto what I am not liking right now. I HATE moving. I hate it, I know I shouldn't hate anything, but I hate moving. Thankfully, we only moved about four minutes from our old house, so we are able to move slower than when we moved across country, which meant EVERYTHING had to be packed and moved at the same time. Here we moved all the big furniture in one day, as well as the kitchen stuff. We have been able to move other things over the last couple days. We aren't quite done yet, but we will be soon.

We would be further along if the stupid Suburban hadn't started acting crazy on Monday evening. We took it to get checked out. Can you say $653.12??? All eight spark plugs, ignitions wires, air filter, pcv valve, distributor rotor, distributor cap, front left caliper, and fuel system tune up!!! Most of the problems were caused because the person we bought it from did his own repairs, and thought he knew what he was doing. Unfortunately, he thought wrong. The caliper broke because a bolt was left off. All the other stuff had to do with incorrectly replacing the spark plugs and wires, we were told if we hadn't come in as quickly as we did the catalytic converter would have burned out and we would have spent $2000 -$4000 to fix that and all the other problems. I guess $653.12 is easier to swallow in this light, but it still a bitter pill coming on the heels (and expenses) of moving.

I hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: