Monday, April 24, 2006

Michael

Michael is a young man I have taken care of a number of times at work. I have come to love Michael, he is a sweet boy, but at his age he would probably cringe to hear me say that. Michael is dying. There is no cure for Michael's condition(s). It is cruel to watch a child die.

Michael is not ready to accept the fact that he will not live. When talking about his prognosis, we are talking months, not years, not even one year. Michael comes from a dysfunctional home life. He prefers being in the hospital. He told me once that he didn't want to go home. However, I think part of Michael's difficulty in letting go is because none of his family has given him "permission" to die.

I would like to ask anyone reading this to pray for Michael, and his family. I will miss Michael very much when he is gone, as he is so sweet and his smile could melt the hardest of hearts. However, he lives in constant pain, and it would be selfish to ask that he continue in pain just because I want to see his smile.

Please pray for this sweet boy with the amazing smile. Please pray that he is able to go home to our Lord in peace and that he suffers as little as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me incredibly sad. I will pray for him. I hope that he makes a full recovery, but if that isnt possible, I pray that God will take him quickly into HIS comforting arms for all of eternity.

Keep you head up if you can, you may be the only JESUS he has ever seen.

Kimberly said...

I wish he could make a full recovery, but it is impossible. Well, short of a divine miracle it is impossible, so I guess it isn't COMPLETELY impossible, but definitely improbable.

Modern medicine, as wonderful as it is, and as far as it has come, can't fix everything...unfortunately.

Thank you for your prayers for Michael, he and his family need them.