Sunday, April 30, 2006

Grumpy...

I am very grumpy tonight. I am not sure why, but I am. Oh well, I will try not to bite anyone's head off, though I could do so with no effort at all.

Tomorrow is going to be somewhat busy. We have to go to Target, but only a quick run in and run out. I have a HUGE phone call to make and that could be time consuming, so it may get pushed back a day or so.

Also, my "tricky" reverse on my new car is more than tricky. I spent forever trying to get the damn thing in reverse after getting off of work the other morning and never did get it into reverse. I finally put the car in neutral and let it "roll" backwards after the parking deck had emptied out some, since rolling is much slower than reverse. So, tomorrow, we are taking the car back to the dealer and having them "fix" the problem, whatever it is. We are smelling the "clutch" smell some, so I am sure the clutch probably has some problems. But, I am not sure if there are any other gear box or transmission problems, so I want it ALL checked out.

I have driven a stick shift more in my life than I have ever driven an automatic, and I have never had these kind of problems, so SOMETHING is wrong. Of course, my new car is actually used. It is two years old and has almost 32000 miles on it, so I can't swear about the ability of the former owner with driving a stick shift.

I must admit some anxiety about going back to the dealership with a problem six days after we bought the car, but they do have a guarantee which the salesman talked up quite a bit. Not only is the car still under the original Nissan warranty, but the dealership offers a 30 day money back guarantee for any used car sale. The salesman played that up, like I said, because he wanted to make sure I knew that they wouldn't sell me a car and then tell me "tough" if something happened. Of course, I didn't think I would actually NEED that piece of information. Well, I don't really think I want my money back, I just want the problem fixed quickly and without hassle!

Maybe my anxiety is related to why I am so grumpy, that would make sense. Anxiety and the fact that I am exhausted. A good night's sleep and the trip to the dealer complete will be the cure. And, I am looking forward to my mom getting here.

Look for updates on the car situation. I will name my dealership in the next few days, as a compliment or a complaint will be up to them. I hope to be able to compliment them, because they treated us VERY WELL when we were there last week, I really hope that bodes well for "service after the sale."

I hope everyone else is doing well!

No comments: