Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I Put My Money Where My Mouth Is...


Okay, so I have been moaning and complaining along with everyone else about the current state of affairs with gas prices. Unfortunately, my pain has been increased because we have a Chevy Suburban. A week and a half ago it cost $108 to fill up from a very empty tank, and gas is MUCH higher now than it was then. I saw $2.85 and $2.95 today for regular unleaded. I think I paid in the $2.50 range last time. I have sort of justified this because we are a one car family, but even still, it has been getting really hard to swallow. Then, over the weekend, I read that gas prices will probably head to the $4.00 range this summer. I can't take $170 every two weeks for GAS. There is something wrong with that. It would be different I travelled in my job, but I don't. Of course, I do travel 25-30 miles one way to work, so I travel 150+ miles each week to and from work.

So, we decided to go car shopping. We bought a 2004 Nissan Sentra. It is a dream to drive. It has only two things that I would change, but they aren't important enough for me not to have bought this car. It is white and doesn't have cruise control, but that is all I would change. It is a 5 speed stick-shift, has a CD player, is four door, and has unbelievable pick up and go! The gas mileage is 28/35, which is SO much better than the Suburban. I can't wait to drive it to work and put some distance driving on it. The picture was taken in my driveway tonight.

So, now I have my new little car. Of course, I have a car payment, but my gas consumption is going to go way down, and I have a pretty new car with good safety features. Anyone else have ideas to help with the gas situation.

No comments: