Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Television Watching Habits

My husband and I are perfect examples of television watching in moderation. We are not the kind of folks who keep the tv on "for noise." If we want noise and the toddlers aren't making enough, we put in music. We both love music very much and our children do as well.

I read all the time about how much tv the average American watches in a day, week, month, year, etc. I just cannot comprehend sitting in front of the television that much. There are so many more interesting things to be doing, such as "blogging." Sorry, couldn't help myself there, but it does actually take brain power to figure out what to write about and to actually type up a post in a coherent fashion.

Right next to me on the sofa is the cordless phone, my purse (as I was balancing my checkbook), my pad of paper with the monthly bills listed on it (being on short term disability requires creativity with bill payment) and my book. I am rereading a book I haven't read in a few years, actually it is a series and I am on book four of seven. When I went into early labor with my two year old, I discovered Anne Perry and her Thomas and Charlotte Pitt series. I must say that Anne Perry is now one of my absolute favorite authors, I have read all the Pitt novels, all the Monk novels, and I am trying to get into the WWI novels. I am having a more difficult time with the WWI novels because I love the Victorian era that the other series are set.

Okay, enough rambling off topic. Television watching habits is the topic of this post, not everything I do besides watch television. I watch about five hours of television per week. I watch only CBS shows at this point, I am not sure when CBS started creating good shows again, but I am sure enjoying them. I watch Cold Case, Criminal Minds, CSI:NY, CSI, and Without A Trace. I see the pattern and I am well aware of it, only cop shows (well, FBI and cop shows.) I am not sure what my fascination with cop shows is, or where it came from, but I do like them. I don't like doctor or hospital shows, probably because as a nurse, I get more frustrated and angry with the blatant inaccuracies and errors, than I enjoy the stories. I am sure the same goes for cops with cop shows, but I will take my guilty pleasures even though I know the shows are full of crap about the reality of crime scenes, etc.

Oh well, enough posting for tonight. I hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: