Saturday, November 26, 2005

Best Laid Plans

In my previous post, I talked about our wonderful Thanksgiving we had planned. We would go see Harry Potter and eat at Golden Corral. Then we would come home and the kids would play and we would relax. Sounds great, right? Well, life sometimes gets in the way of our plans.

Thomas got sick on Wednesday night while at work and woke up a few times in the night to get sick. He didn't want us to change our plans however, so we all got ready to leave for the movie. About twenty minutes before we were to leave, Olivia got sick all over her beautiful outfit. So, Daddy and Olivia got into the jammies and watched the Macy's parade for a while, then they watched "James and the Giant Peach" and "Shrek 2." Drew, Possum, and I went to see Harry Potter after picking up some supplies at Walgreens for Daddy and Olivia.

After Harry Potter, we went to Golden Corral as planned. However, the line was huge and my Possum started acting like a tired three year old (go figure.) At this point I decided I didn't really want to eat Thanksgiving dinner separate and apart from my husband and daughter, so we got our dinner in to go containers and took it home. Olivia ate a red popsicle and the rest of us ate our Thanksgiving dinner out of to go boxes.

Definitely not the Thanksgiving we planned, but always one we will remember. Thomas says that Olivia was so sweet and would tell him when she was going to get sick. She went through about six nightgowns, but did a really good job of using the bucket Daddy got for her.

At least the abrupt change of plans wasn't because of me and the baby girl this time. We behaved fine and I am still pregnant. I reached my 37th week today, which is full term, so all is well should anything happen. I would like her to stay put until her scheduled arrival date so Grammy can be here as planned, but I am just pleased she stayed put so far.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that most of you had more sense than to go shopping on Friday.

Take care,
Kimberly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy Halloween, Crazy Thanksgiving....what will Christmas bring?

Hang in there.

I hope that you enjoyed Harry Potter as much as we did; It was amazing on the IMAX screen. Thomas and Olivia will have to see it when they get better.

We did shop the day after Thanksgiving...you may think that means we have no sense...but it made a lot of sense to us to save 153 dollars on ONE item! We saved over 60%.

Hope your mom gets there before your baby arrives.

Kimberly said...

That is great savings, but I can't imagine putting myself through the insanity of Black Friday shopping. That may be because I start shopping in September/October, so most of my shopping is done before Thanksgiving.

Oh well, if you enjoyed yourself, then it was well worth the shopping. My own mother was out before 5 AM which blows my mind.

Thanks for the well wishes. Have a great holiday season.

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.