Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Need Lots of Prayers

I have applied for a new job with my employer. This is an Assistant Nurse Manager position on the unit that I REALLY want to work on. My employer requires a BSN degree, or working on it, so I have also enrolled in college to complete my Bachelor's degree.

The BSN is something I have wanted to do for a while, but I have been putting it off. First I got married, then three kids have come along in rapid succession, so I have not had any problems saying "not now." However, the requirement to advance has made this a more pressing issue, so whether or not I get the job I have applied for, I will still complete my degree.

I do want this job, and I feel like I am being called to apply for it (or being led, if you prefer.) I think the fit would be awesome, but I still have to interview, and I know that at least two other nurses have applied for the position as well, one of whom currently works that unit. I am not sure WHO has applied though.

Just keep me in your prayers while I complete the admissions process for college and for my interviews that will be upcoming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Good for you. You are a brave woman to take on even more in your already busy life. I will keep you in my prayers. I think that you are making an excellent choice to continue your education. You won't regret it, and having at least a Bachelor's under your belt will provide you with lots more opportunities. Keep us posted... and GOOD LUCK!

Kimberly said...

Thanks. I do want more that my BSN, but I can't look that far right now. I know what my Master's studies will be, but that is long term goals, and not one I focus on too hard for the time being.

I will keep everyone posted as there are details.