Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Sam!


Tomorrow is Sam's 4th birthday. We celebrated today because I work tomorrow night. We had a birthday party for him around lunch time and my friend brought her children over for cake and ice cream. It was nice and small, and he had a blast.

Tonight we had a young couple, who Thomas met while working at Chili's, over for dinner. They are expecting their first baby any time now. She is due at the beginning of July, but like most women this far along, she is ready anytime the baby makes her presence known. It was a nice day all around.

Having a lady around who is so close to having a baby brought back memories of Sam being born. We had a scare with him a couple of days before his c-section was scheduled. I had gone to Target to exchange a few things from the baby shower I had at work and I collapsed in the middle of the baby section. I did not come around until I was AT the hospital, I remember nothing of the EMS workers or of the ambulance ride. I woke up in the hospital with an IV in my hand. This was not an experience I ever want to repeat. Thankfully all my tests came back negative that were run after he was born.

He was born on the date I chose, in a nice safe environment, by a wonderful doctor. He was, and is, healthy and happy and beautiful. He is a great kid and I love him dearly. He will be starting pre-k in the fall, and can't wait. I can't believe my baby boy is going to start school. I am very blessed to have such a great son.

Happy Birthday my wonderful four year old boy.

No comments: