Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Getting My New Car Fixed....

Well, as my regular readers know (both of you LOL,) I started having some major issues with the reverse in my new car. Well, for any new readers, my "new" car is a 2004 Nissan Sentra, so not exactly new, but definitely new for me. Thomas assured me that the issue was mine and I just needed to learn the "trick" to the reverse. I did, learn the trick that is, but it still seemed like more work than it should be, as it would always take a few tries and I could never get it in reverse immediately, which is a problem if you are looking for a parking space and pull up too far.

So, when my mom was here, we had to go up to the dealership for a few paperwork details that we had neglected, and Thomas did mention we had been having a problem. Of course, because I had been backing in and out of spaces a number of times in a short period, the reverse worked perfectly. But, Rick, the guy we talked to in repair believed us and asked us to leave the car overnight so he could test it cold. So we did, and he did, and he had issues. He said the issues were just enough to concern him, so he ordered a brand new transmission for the car and we are taking the car in tomorrow to get this new transmission put in. They are even giving us a loaner, which is necessary as I have a meeting at work tomorrow. I am not sure how long this endeavor should take, but at least I don't have to worry about a hefty bill. Since the car is still under original manufacturer warranty...and since I had a 30-day warranty from the dealership itself, this is a completely free of charge repair.

Well, I think that is all for today, I will let you know how it goes at the dealership and how the car drives after the new transmission is put in. Have a great night.

No comments: