Friday, June 16, 2006

Car Craziness...

As anyone who frequents my blog knows, I just bought a car back in April (a 2004 Nissan Sentra.) I started having issues with the reverse on my stick shift immediately! Well, it is still under original warranty, thank goodness, and the dealership replaced the transmission.

I got my car back on Friday of last week. Driving to work I noticed that the transmission "whined" during acceleration when nearing highway speeds (70 mph) and I also noticed a rattling while idling. None of this had been present before the transmission was replaced. So we took the car to the dealership for an appointment at 1:00 on Tuesday. Thursday morning we FINALLY got word that the new transmission needs replacing. Some bearing (sp?) in the transmission was not lubricated properly during manufacture, so the transmission is not any good. I guess this cannot be fixed, so it has to be replaced, AGAIN.

So, I got my car back Thursday evening, as it is safe to drive. I am waiting for another call that my new transmission is ready to be put in my car. I will get ANOTHER loaner at that time.

I will keep you updated as things progress.

No comments: