Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Job Update

Well, things are moving at a snail's pace wtih the new job that I want. The day after I applied the recruiter emailed me asking for me to update a few things on my application, as it was the same application I had put in when I was first hired. Applying is done online and the application is saved for possible use in the future.

So, I updated as asked, and then heard nothing at all. I called HR and left a message and still heard nothing. So, I applied for a couple of other positions that interest me. And then I heard back, finally. Turns out the recruiter was on vacation, so everything came to a stand still until she got back. As things stand now, my application was forwarded to the hiring manager on Monday and I should hear from her within a week or so. (Of course I am going on vacation in two weeks, but nevermind that.)

Now I am waiting again. I hate waiting. I am not very patient about things like this. Nothing gets my anxiety level up like sitting around and just waiting.

On the plus side, I have been accepted to the University of Phoenix Online to complete my BSN. That is good news, now I just have to figure out how to pay for it. I have applied for a bunch of scholarships, and I can apply for tuition reimbursement from work in October, so I may have to wait for one or the other to come through since the program is pricey. At least I have gotten accepted, which is a major step.

I will update as I have any information! Please keep saying prayers for me.

No comments: