Thursday, June 22, 2006

Toyota Sienna

Okay, like I said in my last post, my car had to have the transmission replaced AGAIN! Well, I took it in on Tuesday and they again provided a loaner, ie a rental from Enterprise. Last time, Enterprise gave me a little Kia Spectra, which was cool. This time, they only had one car left when I got there, and it was a 2006 Toyota Sienna. A minivan. I don't like minivans, I don't want one, I like SUVs. Or so I thought.

Let me say that this is one of the best automobiles I have EVER driven. We moved all the car seats over from the Suburban and did all of our errands in the Sienna yesterday. The cargo area holds an unbelievable amount. It is a very kid friendly auto as well. There are about a million cup holders, or maybe ten.

As a rental, this isn't the top of the line model, obviously, but it is pretty awesome. It is the middle model, not the base and not the "best." The side sliding doors and back aren't power, but that isn't a huge deal. I looked up this model on toyota.com and it is awesome all of the features and safety features. The mpg isn't bad either for a bigger auto, it is 20/27, which is SO much better than we get in the Suburban.

I think the Sienna will probably be our next auto purchase when the Sentra gets paid off, which I now have even greater incentive to pay off sooner.

A minivan, me? Who woulda thunk it?

No comments: