Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

Everyone has their own Christmas Eve traditions, at this point in time, ours have not been set in stone. What we do on Christmas Eve varies from year to year because of circumstances, work or whatever. As a nurse, holidays are not able to be "sacred" for me. I worked Christmas Day the year Possum was born and I have worked most Thanksgivings since I became a nurse. This year, since I have been on leave, has been different. I have managed to "get" all the winter holidays off, which could only happen if I was on leave.

This year, we are having a nice, quiet Christmas Eve. We have a fire in the fire place (a real fire, a wood fire,) we are going to watch Its A Wonderful Life, and make some hot chocolate. Olivia will wear her red flannel nightgown and Possum will wear his red flannel jammies after they get their bath. Sofia got a Babies First Christmas sleeper from a friend of ours and she will sleep in that. Drew will sleep in whatever he chooses :o) Nice and quiet, but wonderful in every way.

I hope everyone gets to spend Christmas Eve they way they wish. I hope Santa is good to everyone. Merry Christmas!

No comments: