Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Taxes

I just love tax season...NOT!!!

Its not because I ever owe taxes, I don't. I generally get a decent refund, but I really hate waiting around for all the tax forms to show up in the mail. I just wish everyone would get their act together so I could get this business over and done.

Yesterday I finally received my W-2 forms from my job and from the insurance company that paid my short term disability last year when I was on maternity leave. I received the forms for my student loan interest quite awhile ago, at least someone is on top of things. However, we still haven't received Thomas' W-2 from when he worked last year. I am at a stand still until I receive them. GRRR!

In the age of e-file, online filing programs, etc, why can't W-2 forms be available online? I know some companies do this, but more should have it available. Thomas worked for a company that is nationwide, with restauarants in most every state. My job doesn't even give us real paychecks or stubs. My paystubs are only available online, I have to print them off if I need them. However, I had to wait and wait for my W-2. I generally file within a few days of getting all of my forms, I just wish companies had the same sense of getting taxes done that I do.

Oh well, I am still playing the waiting game. How goes tax season for everyone else?

No comments: