Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Love Macy's

Okay, I admit it, I love Macy's. I can't usually afford their prices, but I love the clothes, linens, etc. I have discovered a way to afford Macy's however, I have learned to wait for their sale on their clearance items. Today they had a sale for an additional 30% off their clearance items.

I bought two pairs of slacks and a lightweight sweater, all by designers I adore. I like the more "classic" style of dress, and Macy's has a lot of clothing along those lines. My bill today was $33.90, which averages to $11.30 for each item (including tax.) $33.90 for two pairs of nice pants and a sweater? Unbelievable, especially being high quality, designer clothing.

I can't buy such well made clothing at Target, and DEFINITELY not at Wal-Mart. Nor could I walk out of either store with the equivalent purchases for that price, it would definitely cost more.

I also bought us some new bed linens and pillows with the Christmas money my mom gave us. I bought three king-size sheet sets (not sure who they are made by) and two pillows (by Ralph Lauren) for less than $90.00. My receipts said I saved $155.03 (plus tax) on the linens and $71.98 (plus tax) on my clothing.

I love nice things, but I love saving money even more :o)

No comments: