Thursday, October 26, 2006

Six Years

I have been thinking about six years ago. In January, Thomas and I will be married for six years.

A lot has changed in six years. I have four children instead of one. I am an old married woman now (how did THAT happen?) I have been a registered nurse for 7 1/2 years now. I have been a pediatric nurse for almost two years and I have now been in the PICU for five weeks.

We have moved eight times, in five different states (North Carolina, Missouri, Virginia, California, and Georgia.) I have worked at nine different hospitals (of course, as a travel nurse for part of the time helped boost those numbers.) Drew has been in TEN different schools in that time period plus the catastrophy of trying to home school him when we were travelling (so he didn't have to change schools so frequently.)

Thomas and I married January 14, 2001. We moved to St. Louis in June of that year. Sam was born June 15, 2002. Olivia was born August 12, 2003. We moved to Virginia in January, 2004. We moved to California in April, 2004. We moved to Georgia in November, 2004. Sofia was born December 5, 2005.

Whew, I am tired from thinking about all of that!

Has anyone else's life changed significantly in a relatively short period of time?

No comments: