Sunday, October 05, 2008

Authors

I have read books from a couple of "new" authors recently. One is a new author in the past couple of years. The other is just new to me.

Stephenie Meyer, the author of "Twilight" and its sequels. It is definitely part of the young adult genre, except maybe the last book, and it is definitely easy reading. One of my Facebook friends called it brain candy, and maybe it is, but I REALLY enjoyed reading all four of the books.

Jodi Picoult, is the author of many books, all of which (from what I understand) are set in New England. I am in the process of reading my first Jodi Picoult novel and I am really enjoying it. It is interesting because it is set here in the Upper Valley (the region of Vermont and New Hampshire that I live in.) I was also interested to read that she lives just across the river from me in New Hampshire. I do hope I enjoy the last 1/3 of the book as well as I have the first 2/3 of the book.

Of course, my favorite authors JK Rowling, JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis, Stephen King, Mary Higgins Clark, and Anne Perry are still my favorites, but I am always looking for someone new to add to the list.

3 comments:

Xtreme CERTOps Tour said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki G. said...

Ooops, I was signed in on the wrong account when I tried to leave a comment. What was the name of the book you're reading? I love books about a place that I can visit.

I just saw the movie trailer for the "Secret Life of Bees" and thought I might try to read that before I see the movie. It looks pretty good and was on the best seller list for a long time!

Kimberly said...

The book is called "Nineteen Minutes" it is set in a fictional town in New Hampshire. However, it is set in the region here and two of the local hospitals are mentioned, including the hospital I worked at until last week. I am on my second Jodi Picoult novel now, called "My Sister's Keeper" which I am enjoying.

From what I have heard, all of her books are fictional stories based on real life controversial events.