Thursday, August 21, 2008

Unspectacular Quirks

Okay, I am going to respond to the tag, but I am not going to tag anyone else. I will have to explain that further for quirk one.

1. Most of the blogs I read are written by people I don't know. I have generally stumbled across them by accident. Such as, reading a comment they left on another blog and following them to their own blog. I follow about six such blogs by following one to the other. It is interesting. However, it means it would be weird for me to tag the folks because they don't even know who I am or that I read their blogs!

2. I am a neat freak...at work. I hate my work area to be junked up. My biggest pet peeve is when another nurse leave medication wrappers on the counter instead of throwing them away. I end up cleaning up after them as well as myself. The biggest irony to the quirk is that I am NOT that way at home. I cleaned my desk off the other day and can actually see it for the first time in about a month (or more!)

3. I don't like dealing with strangers on the phone. If a number shows up on my caller ID as unknown or I don't recognize the name/number, I won't answer the phone. That is why I have voice mail. If they really want to speak to me, they can leave me a message and I will return their call. I am more comfortable having a phone conversation with someone if I know who you are and why you are calling.

4. I am an amazing grocery shopper (just ask my husband!) Between coupons and sales, I can get a huge amount of groceries for a relatively small amount of money (which is good with a large family.) My hubby used to be blown away when he would see what I would bring home, he would ask me what I spent (fearing I had gone way overboard) and I when I would tell him, he couldn't get over how I got so much for so little.

5. I am terrified of snakes. Not slightly scared, but deathly afraid. I can't even go into the snake house at the zoo, I can't see them on television, or even see pretend rubber snakes (can you say, hyperventilating anxiety attack?) I have only had to take care of one patient with a bite (a ten year old boy) and I had to go into his room every hour to take measurements on his leg. Seeing the area where the fang marks were scared the crap out of me. I have managed to avoid caring for anyone with a bite since then, thankfully venomous snakes are very uncommon in Vermont.

6. Recipes are good things. I like recipes. I follow them to the letter. No experimentation at all. Ever. Of course, every rule has an exception and mine is my spaghetti sauce! I make the most amazing spaghetti sauce (and that is other people's opinions, not just my own.) But, again, recipes are good things and they should be followed exactly (except for spaghetti sauce.)

Okay, so I am not going to tag six people, but if anyone reading this would like to do it, leave me a comment and I will come read yours.

5 comments:

Vicki G. said...

Thanks for playing Kim. These are great!! Click on the names of the people I tagged to read theirs.

Beth Camp said...

Hello, Kim. I felt just the same way you did about tagging people as the only people I know who blog are with Sunday Scribblings and a few author pages at the national level (that I would never bother). I've been blogging for quite a while now to keep family informed about our world travels (since 2004), and it's a wonderful way to stay close to friends and family. I enjoyed reading your "unspectacular quirks"! Stay away from snakes!!!

Jamey said...

Hi kim, I was tagged by vicki too. It was fun. If you read my quirks, we have your #3 in common!

Goodnight, Mom said...

Kimberly, this is hilarious because I am sooooo with you on #2! I freakishly clean my keyboard at every turn. I go crazy when my desk is a mess! Then, my house is sooo messy. Go figure!

Terrie said...

ok Kim a new tag

The Tag
Jot down 5 of your favorite quotes from the various books you’ve read. If you don’t have the books with you now, Googling (Wikiquotes and the like) can be used to find them. Tag five people and acknowledge the person who tagged you.